Hi! I'm Shelly, owner of BRIDGEPORT TRAVEL. Some of my most treasured memories were made while traveling with my family and friends. Snorkeling in the crystal waters of Barbados, swimming with sea turtles in Hawaii, or witnessing the pure joy on my son's face after he conquered Space Mountain at Disneyworld - these are just a few of my own "happy moments." Travel just makes me feel ALIVE!
I have traveled or cruised to many of the destinations that I enjoy selling - including the Hawaiian Islands, the beach destinations of Mexico and the Caribbean and several US based theme parks and resorts. I have toured over 20 cruise ships and over 50 all-inclusive resorts throughout Mexico and the Caribbean. I am excited to help you create YOUR next "happy moment" and welcome the opportunity to customize your next vacation by providing expert advice and precise attention to detail in every stage of your planning process.
With all of those internet travel sites out there, who wouldn’t want to book their own vacation? Before you answer that question, take a look at some reasons why using a travel advisor just makes good sense.
1. One Stop Shopping Without a travel advisor, it is up to YOU to:
Book your own flight, cruise, hotel, airport transfers, rental car, activities, dinner reservations, travel insurance, etc.
Check multiple online booking engines to find the best deal
Research hotels for the best location, beach, amenities, etc.
Study a cruise ship deck plan to find the best stateroom location
Read up on your destination to find out things to do and see
With a travel advisor, all of this is taken care of for you, saving you hours of internet time and effort!
2. Expert Knowledge Travel advisors have either personally visited or extensively studied the destinations that they sell. Bridgeport Travel can offer you insider tips and information on items such as: cruising “dos and don’ts”, must see attractions and activities, where to shop, the hottest restaurants, the best beaches, kid friendly resorts and even what and what not to pack. Try to find that kind of helpful advice on Expedia or Orbitz!
3. Personalized Service A travel advisor will ask the right questions to find out exactly what you are looking for in a vacation. We will then work tirelessly to customize a package that is right for you, giving you the highest satisfaction dollar for dollar.
4. No Extra Fees! Think a travel advisor charges extra fees for the service that they provide? Not likely! Bridgeport Travel does not charge any fees. We are paid directly by our suppliers, so your total vacation price will not increase by using a travel advisor.
5. Value Added Benefits and Amenities Bridgeport Travel has business relationships with many of the cruise ship and hotel sales managers, who will often do something extra for our clients as a "thank you" for the business, such as a complimentary room upgrade, bottle of wine or goodie basket.
6. Peace of Mind We are just a phone call away should anything go wrong before or during your vacation.